ALK-Abelló, Inc. maintains this Website (the "Website") for your information, education and communication.
Through your access and use of the Website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") set forth below.
Terms and Conditions
- Although this Website is accessible by individuals throughout the world, its contents are intended for access and use by U.S. residents 18 and older.
- Nothing on this Website should be construed as the giving of advice or the making of a recommendation regarding any decision or action related to your healthcare or the healthcare of others. If you are a patient, you should consult a health care professional regarding any questions you have about your health or treatment options. If you are a healthcare professional, you should not allow the content of this Website to substitute for your own professional medical judgment.
- The Website contains information about products and services that may or may not be available in any particular country or region of the world. These products and services may be available under different trademarks in different countries and, where applicable, may be approved or cleared by a government regulatory body for sale or use with varying different indications and restrictions.
- ALK-Abelló, Inc. makes no representations or warranties as to the availability or accuracy of any information contained on the Website and expressly disclaims any obligation to update said information, except to the extent required by law. ALK-Abelló, Inc. further assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Website.
- You are free to download material from the Website; however, any and all downloaded materials may be used by you only for personal, non-commercial use. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post or use any of such materials for public or commercial purposes without the express written permission of ALK-Abelló, Inc. All copyright and other proprietary notices contained in downloaded materials must be retained.
- You should assume that all contents of the Website are copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided herein. Images of people or places displayed on the Website are either the property of, or used with permission by, ALK-Abelló, Inc. The use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by specific permission provided elsewhere on the Website or with express written permission from ALK-Abelló. Unauthorized use of such images may violate copyright, trademark, privacy and/or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Your use of the Website is at your own risk. Neither ALK-Abelló, Inc. nor any other party involved in creating, producing or managing the Website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or browsing of the Website. This includes damages to, or arising out of viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Website are registered and unregistered trademarks of ALK-Abelló, Inc. and others. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without the express written permission of ALK-Abelló, Inc. or such third party. Your misuse of any Trademarks on the Website or within its contents, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are advised that ALK-Abelló, Inc. will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in the Website and its contents to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Website may contain financial and other information which is forward-looking and involves risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, risks associated with the inherent uncertainty of pharmaceutical research, product development and commercialization, the impact of competitive products, patent, product liability and third-party reimbursement risks associated with the pharmaceutical industry, and the other risks and uncertainties detailed from time to time in ALK-Abelló, Inc.'s Annual Report and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post, on the Website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary information. ALK-Abelló, Inc., or any of its affiliates, may use such communication or material for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and further posting. Further, ALK-Abelló, Inc. and its affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication or material you send to the Website for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products.
- Although ALK-Abelló, Inc. may, from time to time, monitor or review any discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Website, ALK-Abelló, Inc. is under no obligation to do so, except to the extent required by law or regulation, and ALK-Abelló, Inc. assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of the Website nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within the Website.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or would otherwise violate the law. ALK-Abelló, Inc. will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing ALK-Abelló, Inc. to disclose the identity of anyone posting or transmitting any such information or materials.
- You are prohibited from altering, damaging or defacing the Website or adding any unauthorized material to the Website. You are advised that ALK-Abelló, Inc. will aggressively protect the Website and will prosecute violators to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal penalties.
- If you violate any of these Terms and Condition, ALK-Abelló, Inc. reserves the right to suspend or terminate any account you have created on the Website. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold ALK-Abelló, Inc., its respective officers, employees, and agents, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to, or allegedly arising out of, your use of this Website or any breach of these Terms and Condition.
- ALK-Abelló, Inc. reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Website at any time, and ALK-Abelló, Inc. may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions. You are bound by any such revisions and should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions.
You should be aware that ALK-Abelló, Inc. is not a healthcare provider (e.g. doctor, hospital, pharmacist, etc.) and is generally not subject to the Privacy Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), which imposes certain requirements on healthcare providers and other entities relating to individually identifiable healthcare information.
- The Website is NOT intended to be used by non-U.S. residents or individuals under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian has reason to believe that a minor has provided us with Personal Information, the parent or guardian should contact us at 512-251-0037.
Collection of Personal Information
We do not collect any personal information unless it is provided to us voluntarily through forms or data fields. You can visit many areas of our websites without telling us who you are or giving us Personal Information. Certain areas of our websites allow you to contact us to ask questions or provide comments or other information. Please be aware that when you ask questions or provide comments or other information, you may be disclosing Personal Information.
Please do not submit or disclose any Personal Information if you do not want it to be collected. You should be aware, however, that without providing requested information, which may include Personal Information, you may not be able to participate in particular features or activities that require such information.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information is information that is not personal, such as questions, comments, ideas and suggestions that you provide, or information that we may collect that is not linked to any Personal Information. Non-Personal Information will be treated as non-confidential, and we may disclose and/or use that information without any obligation whatsoever to you, for any purpose and through any means.
The Website may use a tracking technology called a “cookie”. A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site or to track your preferences and selections. When you return to the website, information stored in cookies associated with that site will be transmitted back to us. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computers hard drive, block all cookies or even receive a warning before a cookie is placed on your system. Refer to your browser instructions or Help button to learn more about cookies. You should be aware, however, that cookies might be necessary to provide you with certain features (e.g. customized delivery of information) available on the Website. This information is considered Non-Personal Information.
The Website may also automatically collect and store information relating to your computer and your visits to the Website, such as the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet address of the website from which you linked to the Website; the date and time you accessed the Website; how long you spent and which pages you visited; your Internet protocol (I.P) address; and your computer's operating system and browser software. This information is considered Non-Personal Information.
The Website may also track your usage of the site through the use of pixel tags. These tags are similar to cookies. The information collected through use of pixel tags is not personally identifiable and is considered Non-Personal Information.
How is Personal Information used?
If you do provide us with Personal Information we may use the information to contact you, via e-mail, regular mail, telephone or other means, to provide you with information you requested about specific products or services, provide additional future information about products or services that may be of interest to you, and to learn about and develop products and services (e.g. market research). Additional information about use of your Personal Information may appear at the point where you are asked to provide Personal Information in a form or data field.
Who may Personal Information be disclosed to?
ALK-Abelló, Inc. will not transfer or allow access to your Personal Information to third parties, except (i) to affiliated entities of ALK-Abelló, Inc., whether inside the U.S. or in other countries; (ii) to vendors and service providers who assist us in providing service to you; (iii) in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities; (iv) to comply with legal requirements or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; (v) when we believe it is necessary to share information in order to assist in an investigation regarding, or to prevent, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person; and (v) upon a sale, merger, assignment or transfer of the business of the Website to which the information relates. Any affiliated entity, vendor or service provider who is permitted access to, or to whom we transfer Personal Information is required to keep your Personal Information confidential.
What about security?
ALK-Abelló, Inc. takes reasonable precautions to keep Personal Information secure against unauthorized access, alteration, and use. It is your personal responsibility, however, to secure any log-in information or passwords associated with your use of the Website.
How do I stop getting communications?
If you decide you no longer wish to receive information or communications about particular products and services, or from ALK-Abelló, Inc. (for example, postal mailings, emails and telephone calls), you may opt out of any particular product or service or from all mailings by contacting us at: 512-251-0037.
Please note that you may continue to receive materials for a period of time while our lists are being updated.
This policy may be updated or revised from time to time, so you may want to check for updates if you access ALK-Abelló, Inc. websites in the future.
Thank you for your interest in ALK-Abelló, Inc.